Hello! My name is Kim and I’m so excited to have a space dedicated to all things books and, occasionally, makeup looks inspired by my favorite book covers and characters.
I set a personal goal to read one book a month for 2020, to finally make my way through all the books I’ve collected but never got around to reading. Thanks to quarantine, I’ve managed to read 22 books by the end of August! Hoping to reach 30 by the end of the year, and looking forward to rambling here and on camera about them 😉
A few things about me:
– born in the Philippines, raised in Illinois, currently in California ☀️
– Undocupinay 🇵🇭
– With my parents encouragement, I have my BFA with a concentration in Photography 📸 Now I’m working in the non-profit sector
– I’m starting off on BookTube too as @kimsbookedtoday 📺 the link is up above in my bio
– I have a pup named Marceline, after the one and only AdventureTime vampire princess 🧛🏻♀️
– You’ll catch me with different hair colors frequently, thanks to all my ponytail extensions since I’m too scared to dye my dark hair 👩🏻
– I’m open to any genre except Westerns (does The Dark Tower series count?), but I have a soft spot for YA novels featuring girls of color 👧🏻👧🏽👧🏿 books I wish I had when I was a kid!
– I love scary movies and TV shows. They can be bad, I’m not picky 💀
– Besides reading during quarantine, I’ve also been baking, exercising, playing with my pup, taking on new crafts projects (mastered candle making and did a paint-by-numbers portrait of Marceline), and bothering my partner while he works